Thankful for Dancing in the Summer Rain

Liz dancing in a summer rain!
We had a small heat wave earlier this week.  Temperatures were in the 90s! It was a hot summer day, and I was being a sloth and relaxing at home. I have been doing the Oprah and Deepak Chopra Manifesting Gratitude through grace meditation exercises. I don't like to watch TV during the day and I decided it was a good time to just sit and meditate to Day 4: Grace is replying. While I was meditating listening to Chopra's soothing voice, it started to rain. My daughter Liz was home and she said come outside. I thought she saw a rainbow? So I ran outside and it was a sun shower, raining hard. She was happily dancing in the rain. I joined her. The cool rain felt exhilarating! Its been a long time since I splashed in puddles. It was a joyful moment filled with Grace! After our water ballet in the rain, we both went in the house and changed into dry clothes. I was thankful to have shared this cool moment of joy with my daughter. What's helping you stay cool this summer? I would love to hear about a pure moment of joy that you experienced. Sharing these moments of simple grace is what makes life joyful!

Comments

  1. Love this!! I haven't danced in the rain since college :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something my children would madly enjoy (I would hate) but they wouldn't care. lol
    Who knows, I may let my hair down and join them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always the small things that worth being grateful for since it makes you appreciate the big things in life. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest is now 17 months and whenever we go to the pool I make sure I get down with her, or take her to the big pool with me.

    It's such a different pool, from a 17 month olds perspective. Swimming with a joyful tôt, seeing the world from her viewpoint is both a gift of grace, and the best way to stay cool in a drought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am grateful for the beautiful weather we have had this summer- not to hot, too dry, or too wet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is a beautiful post! I get caught in the humdrum of the day-to-day too often; thanks for the reminder. Today I was holding my youngest son, and felt a wave of gratitude for him. It was really moving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, dancing in the rain, nothing compared! I'm grateful for the opportunity to see my grandchild after 10 long months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful to have my daughter and grandson here for several months (while my son-in-law is deployed). I am having fun being an active grandparent. We are making lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took my kids on vacation without my husband. It was very different and fun too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your gratitude!

Best of Sharing Thanks

Ten Easy Gratitude Habits

Thankful for Chihuly's impressionistic water reflections at New York Botanical Gardens

Create a Sharing Thanks Journal with someone to cultivate a Grateful Heart